Image Map

Friday, March 9, 2012

Fitness Update & suit

GUYS. TWO WEEKS. That's all I have left til my show! I'm getting excited, still nervous, and more than ready to eat something "naughty." But I can't yet.

These past couple weeks are ROUGH. My calories are still at 1200, but carbs has been cut waaay low. No cereal, bread, fruit. Basically I get a small serving of oatmeal a day and a sweet potato, and everything else is greens and protein.
Seriously, here's my staples... pre-made and sitting there in the fridge for my next meal:
Eggs (whites), ground turkey, and chicken breast.
So, considering I'm still working out and eating so little, do I need to even say that I'm tired? Holy cow, by 7 pm, I'm dead. I'm supposed to be doing 2 workouts a day but I'm finding that if I don't get one good workout in all at once, I just don't have the energy later. It's crazy.
I'm a little more moody and a little less patient. (My poor husband and son!)
I'm sick of having to cook all my meals (I haven't eaten out in weeks... and if I've gone to a restaurant, I've had to bring my own dinner).
Protein shakes are so delicious to me because they taste like dessert.. it's the only "sweet" thing I eat, but I have to be careful to not overdo the calories. 

 Other than these complaints, I'm feeling good! I'm leaning out, still getting tighter, and trying to enjoy my 1200 calories, because next week, they go to 1000 =(  Ladies, do not try this at home.

I've had a lot of people asking questions about my training, nutrition, and people curious about the competition itself. So I found this awesome article on bodybuilding.com that talks about the training, nutrition, stage presentation, and psychology of figure and bikini comps.
Kim Oddo is the master at training those pro girls, and he walks you through the basics to obtain your best physique! I found it really helpful, even this late in my prep.

So, I've decided it's time for my suit debut! I'm still working on getting it to fit just right so it's comfortable and in-place the night of. This weekend, I have a group posing session so I'll be getting the hang of stage presentation, how the show works, AND be seeing who I'm up against. Soooo nerve-wracking! I'm very anxious.
Anywho, here's a rather crappy iphone picture, but at least you can see some progress!
Stats as of today:
116 pounds
13% body fat

3 comments:

  1. You look great! I hear you on protein drinks feeling like a sweet treat - got to enjoy what you can! Your suit looks amazing!

    Best of luck with the rest of your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that's just amazing to see this picture and your pics from before. WAY TO GO!!! Good Luck in your last couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look TINY and SO STRONG!! I wanna do it. except for the 1200 calorie thing. ew.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...