Image Map

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Issues:resolved. And a little fitness update

Broken mouse ----> no blog posts -----> I actually got stuff done this week!
Sorry though, to disappoint.

Anywho, WOW it's been a good week! As far as my figure training goes, I am really starting to get excited. Things are FINALLY looking better, I'm feeling good, and feel like I'm starting to look good.
I've been waiting to get down to 15% body fat, because that's when definition really starts showing... and drum roll........
Nailed it! Got it measured yesterday and I'm down, where I should be, and my weight is starting to come down too. This most likely has to do with another dip in calorie consumption. I'm down to around 1250 cals a day, and have started to cut out carbs. (Not all, just some). The diet's getting really strict, where I have to watch sugar and salt intake, so that means I'm getting quite creative with my cooking! But I have to tell you, I've tried 1200 cal diets before and I can never last... but when you're eating the RIGHT foods, and space them out right, it's totally doable; I'm not hungry. I will post some pics asap of the progress =)

Here's a sneak peek at some of my meals and snacks, and I'll put some links if you'd like to try them!
Cottage cheese... good thing I love the stuff.. but now I gotta lay off a little because it's got lots of sodium. But I threw in some fresh raspberries and some flaked unsweetened coconut and it was a good variation.
 I have not perfected this recipe yet, but when I do I will post it! It's stuffed bell peppers with quinoa and turkey. My husband and I LOVE it. It's got a little secret ingredient.. if you're interested, leave a comment or shoot me an email =)
 Protein waffles. Okay, these were not so great. The idea of eating some "normal" food was appealing to me, but the recipe sucked. I still ate it, but will not make it again. I wanna find a better one for ya'll =)
 Typically lunchmeat is not a healthy choice. It's processed and loaded with sodium. But this is probably one of the best I've found, from Costco, of course. It's got reduced sodium, is lean, and it tastes so fresh and flavorful.

And oh my gosh I am in love with this salad. It's spinach, pear and quinoa.. with (reduced fat) feta and pecans. I didn't have any more quinoa so I used couscous. And instead of the pomegranate vinegar, which I'm sure would be delicious, I just used red wine vinegar. It was still great.

And this lemon chicken was amazing.. I tossed in some red potatoes with a TBSP of olive oil in with the marinade and it was money

SO on that note, I just ordered my stripper figure posing heels! I'm setting up a posing session to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to be doing with my body up on that stage.
Here they are... not cheap, and scream hooker a little bit, but that's what they wear.... I mean, they're pretty. I can see my husband liking them......



And here's the potential suit! These things are freaking expensive. You thought a normal swimsuit was expensive?! Try not being able to find one of these for under $200!! I heard that pro figure competitors are known to spend more on a competition suit than on their wedding dress. Crazy industry I've gotten myself into huh?
 So let's talk about the hideous cut of these suits. 
THIS, my friends, is the reason you have to do about 100000 squats and lunges!!! Your butt is mostly hanging out, and look how high up the bottoms go on your waist! So ugly. And the criss cross back? Barf. But alas.... Here I am about to throw down some $$$ on this thing.


4 comments:

  1. I love that you share your healthy recipes, I bought that basil pesto talapia at Costco and I love it, that lunch meat is my fave too! I would like to try your stuffed peppers recipe so email or message me that when you have time. You look great by the way! Geeze!! I can't wait to get this baby out and get my body in gear. Keep up the good work, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nichole! You always look great, prego or not! I will tweak my stuffed peppers recipe and probably post it on here.. if I don't soon, I'll just send you a FB message =)

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if this is the same recipe you used but I'm pretty picky and I really liked these waffles. Here is the link to the recipe: http://mealsandmovesblog.com/meals/protein-pancakeswaffles/
    Also I tried the costco greek yogurt jalapeno dip and really liked it. Thanks for sharing your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lindsey- that is NOT the recipe I tried, so I will now be trying yours. Thank YOU for sharing =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...