I've got a little obsession with throw pillows, and it's obvious why. It's easy pattern, there's soooo many options, and they add TONS to a room! Here's some tips to get em just right:
1. Don't be afraid to layer patterns. Several pillows with several prints in one room makes it fun and interesting. I often find a super cute pattern on a pillow, decide on that for my base in the room, and plan everything else around it. For example: I loved this multicolored floral print, so I added some of the same color throughout the room: apple green and yellow.
2. Choose prints that include neutral colors. Bold graphics can be toned down if they have some neutrals included
3. Choose pillows that have contrast in texture. If you've got a leather sofa, try a velvety pillow. Details like quilting of fringe also add a lot
4. Examine pillows for quality. Those lumpy pillows you can find just about anywhere are NOT what you're looking for, they're so sad and drab! Look for down or down alternative, and fluff em in the store to make sure feathers aren't leaking out. But you can always replace the insert yourself.
5. Know your limits. You still need to be able to sit down on a sofa, so if you your throws take up the whole couch, it's time to get rid of em or move them to another room. (They're talking to me here!)
Liz from purple pajamas is offering FREE SHIPPING to her etsy pillow shop this week! She has super cute designer pillows for a great deal, so if you're in the market for some new throw pillows (and who isn't?), you might as well get a couple bucks off these cool ones. Here's some of my favorites:
To enter the giveaway, become a follower to this blog (if you're not already), check out her online shop here, and leave a comment about her shop or your favorite pillow!
The winner will be announced next week =)