Image Map

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

By Stephanie
In ode to mom's day tomorrow I thought I'd share the project I'm working on for my mom, in updating her bedroom!
Here are  the inspiration pics she loved: She loves the Hollywood Regency feel (so that's where I got it from!) and wanted deep red, black and white, with some touches of peacock blue.

 To get started she has to sell her existing set of burgundy furniture...ekkk. 
I ordered these cute pillows from etsy and sent them to my mom for Mother's Day =)
We decided on some super chic white & red fretwork bedding from Dillard's.. I LOVE it!
Here's the plan so far:
We're getting this great gray tufted headboard from Nate Berkus. We are not decided on wall treatments, but I like the idea of a soft gray backdrop of wallpaper (on the right). A note about the bedding: we did NOT order the floral part, just the white with red trim, I did not want to overwhelm the room with red. 
Mom loves a pretty sunburst mirror & the deep red curtain panels. Lastly we're going to get a new dresser on a budget, a Craig's List find and paint it a turquoise/peacock blue. It's gonna look rad! To be completed this summer so stay tuned! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...