Image Map

Friday, August 26, 2011

My favorite (affordable) headboards

Hi folks. I've decided I love upholstered headboards with nailhead trim. I mean, who doesn't? I've been especially keen on the serena and lily "octavia version." 


BUT tell me when in my life am I gonna have $1900 sitting around to purchase and ship this out to me?
I've seen many a DIY project of some sweet headboards, and I wonder if this is one I could attempt. Those Greek Key corners of nailhead will probably be a b**** to hammer in there, but I love the look dangit!

Anyhow, here's some awesome handmade headboards that rock my world.

Oh my word I love this. The HEIGHT on this thing is crazy awesome, and it looks custom made- by a professional. Not by someone like me who tends to get lazy and cut corners.
Tutorial here

This rich navy velvet is gorgeous
Tutorial here

Love this simplicity yet sophistication. And the double rows of nailhead is awesome
tutorial here

And THIS one is just plain awesome- and so different.
tutorial here

This regency-style headboard is not homemade, but from Overstock & it's a pretty good deal. Comes in several fabric choices and a queen is $277. Not too shabby. I'd almost want to paint the wood white, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. What amazing finds! We are huge fans of the nailhead headdboards... infact Jackie and I both have the Carlton headboard from JCPenney. I love the DIY inspiration... what I would do for more rooms in our home!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...