Image Map

Thursday, March 28, 2013

operation abs

My baby's 2 months now.. why do I still look 5 months pregnant?
Okay my post-baby belly is sloooooowly going back, but I remember springing back a lot quicker after Carter. But maybe I'm way more aware than I was after Carter. Who knows.

All I know is c-sections are kinda rough on your abs. Your stomach is stretched out then cut, and your muscles are pulled open and apart to get the baby out. No wonder they're just barely not sore anymore...

So I joined a gym and I'm hitting it hard core. Best feeling in the world. The following statement couldn't be more true.

So I had one of those free training sessions with a trainer, aaaaand they took my body fat. It's horrendous. 28%.. This time last year I was 11%.
I know, I just gave birth, so I will cut myself some slack.
I took "before" pictures at 4 weeks and 8 weeks postpartum and those are also scary. One day I will share them, once I don't look like that anymore ;)
Speaking of which, I lost a quick 20 pounds after Mason and then my body just stopped. So annoying. Not a pound more came off on its own, until I amped up my workouts at the gym.
I love the gym.

P.S. Moms- I recently read that you shouldn't cut calories or work out too hard if you're breastfeeding, until about 2 months post-partum. I learned the hard way that your milk will disappear.
After 2 months you're more regulated and that's exactly what happened with me, so now I feel like things are under control- and I don't have mom guilt! Win-win

People are asking me lately if I'm going to compete again. Right now I'm 80% towards yes. I just want that challenge of having to have 2 c-sections but disciplining myself enough to get back each time. 
I can do this!

I read something on pinterest a while ago (can't find it now) that said something like- Skinny people are lucky, but people who have had to work to get fit are stronger. 
This baby weight is not going to lose itself as easily as it did with my first.
I didn't spring back into my size 2 jeans after 2 weeks like lots of girls I know.
I'm going to have to work my butt off and it's going to require time and patience, and accepting this extra padding and cellulite for a while.
But each workout, I'm a little bit closer.. The weight isn't changing much but I'm not worrying about it anymore because my body is changing for the better. 
I'm going to get that 6-pack back!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had started hitting the gym yet or not! I am right there with you. After the 4th baby things don't just spring right back like they used to (although I have had to work at it every time). I am wanting to start soon, but I ALWAYS have trouble with my milk and I don't want to make it worse by working out too soon. So I am trying to decide when the best time would be to do that. You will have to keep me posted on how it all goes! I am thinking I want to do the Jaimie Eason program once I am ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this! Perfect timing, as I really need a partner in losing the stubborn post-partum weight. It was melting off until the day I went back to work. Now I've got something to do about it, and I'm working on the 'how.' Looking forward to reading future posts and having you as motivation/inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...