Image Map

Sunday, March 17, 2013

house stuff


Ever since we got our dining table I've been looking for a set of chairs that "go" but don't match. I don't like dining sets. So basically for 3 months I've been this close to buying chairs that I thought I liked but could never commit to. I have commitment issues when it comes to stuff in my house. 
I check Joss & Main and One Kings Lane every single day for good furniture deals, and I hoped I'd find something that would work.
Everything was out of my budget or not cute.
So then one day, I see this beauty... 
It's a desk chair that is supposed to be part of a bedroom set for like a teenager.
I LOVE IT. And they were cheap! As my luck would have it, they were sold out, OF COURSE. So I jotted down the brand and scoured the internet. They were out of stock everywhere. But when I want something bad, I find a way to get it (my husband loves me for this... not). 
I found the chair on wayfair, and just had them email me when they had stock again. And they did! About a week later, I was notified, and a few days after that, they were at my door!
They are now out of stock again.

They are perfect.
They're not totally white, which I would have liked. They're kind of off-white/ivory but whatever. It's close enough for me.
And my custom chairs I ordered from Gatehouse turned out great. I wasn't sure at first how they'd be, but they pull gray and they pull tan, which ties everything in and they are comfortable
I always thought "custom" meant expensive.. but I've found that you can make it what you want, within your budget. I spent $200 less on each of these than I budgeted for. (happy husband).
Tall wingbacks were the answer to my family room with high ceilings. Take note ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...