Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

cOoKiEs


I've come to a realization lately that I really love to bake. Which is great except that baking usually includes cookies and cakes and breads. Those are fine once in a while but let's face it, if I make a big ol batch of cookies. A- I will eat about 3 cookies worth in just dough, and then B- I'll probably down another half a dozen once they're baked. You think I'm kidding? And then between our family (which is only my husband and me plus a toddler) we will be eating them til they're gone- which probably only lasts about 24 hours. It's kinda sick, really. Sometimes I freeze em "for later" but they still don't last very long. OR I try to pawn them off on people, so they can eat all those calories. Maybe it's a bad idea to bake cookies at all??


I like incorporating foods I love (Especially dessert!) into my diet so I don't feel deprived and then go crazy later. That being said, I probably have some kind of dessert every single day. But I'm trying to kinda lean out again (to a certain degree) so when I find a tasty recipe that doesn't totally blow my healthy eating, I get really excited. 

This is NOT my recipe so I can take no credit, but here's the awesome site! http://jen-fits-playground.com/?p=1840. She has lots of other recipes I have yet to try, but as I find winners, I'll post em =)

The best part of these cookies is that it makes only 5. And they're 49 calories per cookie. So you bake em, you eat them ALL yourself, and you don't even feel bad!! (K so the ricotta sounds super weird for a cookie, but it gives it that texture you need).

Oatmeal & Peanut Butter Ricotta Cookies

Ingredients
  • 1 tbs natural peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
  • 2 packets (or to taste) Stevia
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg white
  • dash cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Line pan with parchment paper.
  3. Mix everything together with a fork, pressing to mash ricotta cheese.
  4. Spoon 5 cookies on to pan.
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...