Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

projects and parties

First things first. 

THANK YOU everyone for your awesome comments and suggestions about my training/fitness plan! I'm feeling good about it and excited that I have supportive friends and family behind me =)

and... Projects:
I bought a lamp for Carter's room. He didn't need another lamp but I just thought it was cool.
$40 TJ Maxx
(Carter's room is finally finished! I am getting pics taken soon so I can post it!)

$168 anthropologie.
 Moral of the story: 
anthropologie= ripoff
TJ Maxx= bomb

 The next batch of projects:
gold spray paint

I've gone on a painting rampage lately, scouring for my house for something ugly that I can spray gold. Turns out I've pretty much gotten rid of most of my ugly stuff.

But I did have some cheap frames from Tj maxx (duh) that I sprayed gold and added wrapping paper from Tj maxx (duh) that I used for the art!
 I'm a fan. It cost me nothing.
(Our home office is also done! I will post that too)
 Filing cabinet. Ugly cheap gray knobs that just blended with the cabinets. Yep- they got sprayed too. Crazy how that made a difference! PS note my awesome grasscloth wallpaper. You will see it soon in its full glory.

Oh, I did  manage to find an ugly boring clock. Yep, he's now gold too.


Target, my other obsession, has plastic dinosaurs in the dollar bin section.
Now they're gold. I know, quite glamorous and chic for a boys room, whatever.

 On to parties.......
Aaron came home for a few days! (He's in Texas selling for the summer). Chubby little Mason was excited to see him.

Family fun. I definitely miss having Aaron around.

My awesome sister and her husband watched Mason overnight while we celebrated our anniversary.
Apparently Mason just loved Taylor.. he loves attention, and anyone that will hold him, and smile at him =)

 So bugged that this is the best picture we got...blurry because you don't ask an 80-year old man to take a picture for you with your phone. Toooo shaaaaaaky.
We went to the Roof for dinner, saw an awesome movie and then stayed at the Little America.
The Roof dessert.... sooo good.
 Walked around Temple Square. I don't recall ever having been in the spring. The flowers are SO pretty. Everywhere I go, I want to steal tulips and Aaron makes fun of me.

Meanwhile, our awesome friends Alicia & Paul watched Carter overnight. Carter had his first (and last!) slumber party with a girl... his BFF Capri =)

 It was Aaron's birthday yesterday (he's 32!) and we just laid low, went to church, and the boys flew kites out front.
 We had a surprise party for him with a few friends which was fun, and then he headed back to Texas early early this morning.
Sad ending to a fun weekend. We are planning on joining him in June, but May is going to be a long, hard month. So you'll probably find me at the gym. Or decorating. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...