Image Map

Friday, September 7, 2012

Born this way...?

I'm a big fan of Jamie Eason. Who wouldn't be?
I kind of want to hate her because she looks this good, but I just can't! 
My husband thinks she looks too skinny, which makes me feel a teensy bit better. Just a smidge though.

I follow Jamie Eason Middleton (she just got married!) on facebook, and totally loved this quote that she put up last week....

'Let's address the "genetics" comment. Sure, genetics play a role in the shape of your body. It's pretty obvious to me that at 5'2", I wasn't likely going to be a super model or a basketball player. And, with little to no curves long before weight training, I never imagined a career as a "model" of any kind. Yet, 8 years later, here I am...a model. Pretty crazy! Don't count yourself out because of genetics! I can think of several women in hollywood with less than ideal physiques, yet we love them and they make an amazing living! No matter who you are, proper nutrition and training can improve your body and no matter what your genetics are, there is a large population of people somewhere with the exact same strengths/weaknesses that would love to know how to do what you're doing. If you manage to improve your body/health....people aren't aspiring to look exactly like you, they just want to know how to do it for themselves. Don't use genetics as a crutch. Make the most of yours and show others with the same perceived limitations what you managed to do.'

Go Jamie.

I love the idea of making the best out of what God has given you. It's especially inspiring for me, because also at 5'2" I complain all the time about having short legs and no waist, and big shoulders, and blah blah blah. As I'm sure a tall person might complain about the opposite problems! I guess the cool part of it is that fitness is universal. And whatever "flaws" you might think you have, and think that you're stuck with for life, a lot of those can be fixed with good nutrition and exercise, and if not... then do the best with what you've got! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...